Monday, June 13, 2011

On The Verge


With everything in place the waiting game for the little one's arrival has begun and instead of pacing the halls and driving myself crazy (which I totally understand the impulse to do) I am trying to embrace the end of this incredibly amazing journey. This past week I have been able to get out and walk often, enjoying our lovely little neighborhood and basking in the perfect cool, but sun-soaked weather with the family. In the evenings I have been making an effort to meditate often and soak up the last of this time and the quiet. Even a few simple moments of belly stroking and mindful breathing give me so much joy lately. In the calm of those moments I feel completely peaceful, neither straining towards the unknown future or backpedaling into a past that is long gone. I am here and it is perfect.

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
- Buddha

We are on the verge of a change and I think everyone in the house (yes, maybe even the kitties) can feel it. What a few weeks ago was somewhat frantic has eased into long, slow days of tv marathons (ranging from the extremely good to the extremely bad), family strolls, and generally just enjoying our life exactly as it is now. There is no need to rush. We are here and it is perfect.



"Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure."
- Oprah Winfrey

Oh, Buddha and Oprah- oh so quotable, but also oh so very, very true.   

Wishing you all a beautiful week! Namaste.


Tara

No comments: