Saturday, January 21, 2012

Hands Down Lovely

Yesterday was about the best darn day I could've imagined.

Ezra got me the best birthday gift imaginable. He slept through the night for the first time ever. THROUGH THE NIGHT, PEOPLE! FOR THE FIRST TIME, EVA! This is the most amazing thing that's happened to my personality in a long time. I've realized that I'm actually a pretty nice lady when I am able to sleep more than a couple hours in a row!

Seriously though, that boy's got some good timing. Friday morning I woke up around 5 AM wondering what had happened, where I was ...and then immediately assumed something was wrong with the baby. I ran into his room only to hear the soft hums of a babe in slumber. I quickly sprinted back into our room and jumped into bed so as not to tempt fate. Our dog witnessing the whole thing gave me the good ol' puppy head tilt and I couldn't help but start laughing. It was the perfect way to start the day.


After my early morning rousing I couldn't get back to sleep, a combination of ridiculous excitement over this new development and desire to take advantage of some alone time. It's amazing what an hour to read and drink your coffee in quiet will do for a person! For once when Ez woke up I was thrilled to hear his little whimpers and begin our day together, not my usual sloth-like, grunting morning self. The look of confusion on Ez's face when I began singing and dancing as a prepared his breakfast said it all. Who is this lady and what have you done with my grumpy pants mother?

So here's the kicker. The first time Ezra slept through the night also coincided with the hubby's "spa day" birthday present. Just too good, right? So after a full night's sleep and a home-cooked meal by Kellen (cornmeal brussels sprouts with spiced yogurt- so good!) I went and had a hot stone massage along with a manicure/pedicure. I'm a total gloating pain in the ass right now but ah, seriously, it was the best thing ever. Feel free to take a moment to hate me.

Sleep + spa day = personality transplant.



Yesterday was a big victory all around. I'm just going to bask in its glory for a bit.

Wishing you all a great weekend!

Tara

5 comments:

Positively Amy said...

Sounds like a great birthday!! I'm a little jealous...would love a mani/pedi right now!!

Love love love the name Ezra!

Mama Smith said...

What a perfect day! There is nothing better than when they first sleep through the night. You guys are so cute in the family pic!

Tara said...

Thank you! It was definitely nice! I've got one kick-butt hubby!

Thank you! We love his name too. Hehe. There was a lot of debate about names in our house, but now I couldn't imagine it any other way. It just fits him so well!

Tara said...

Thanks! I love how Ez is looking everywhere but into the camera. Ha! He's such a goof!

GoodnessMeGoddess said...

Aww, you deserve it mama!! Glad you got to have some YOU time! ;-)