Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Bring On The New!

So it was time for a change.

When this blog was first created it was designed to be a resource for yoga students, an extension of my classes. I wanted to create an online place that I wished I would have had when I first began practicing yoga, a light and accessible way to dive further into yogic teachings. Hence the name, Joyful Yoga.


At the time my passion and study of yoga was growing in leaps and bounds. I had recently completed my teacher training program and was really involved with developing classes. Filled with excitement to write about postures and philosophy, I wanted to share my experiences and hopefully foster a little community. So I wrote about my passion and I absolutely loved it!

Over the last year and a half this space has evolved into something very different than originally imagined. I began to write more about my personal life and less about yoga. And once I was in the full swing of my pregnancy my personal practice was slowing down (I also stopped teaching) and I was feeling much more inspired by the day to day. Parenting replaced pranayama in my reading selection and my writing reflected that.

So it seems my life has shifted gears and this little online space has followed suit. With all the change I thought it time to officially mark the transition with a more fitting name and look. I still plan to write about yoga and meditation, but my heart and attention are with my family and my writing will be honest to that. I am still very passionate about my yoga practice and study. It is a beautiful and life-affirming art and something I hope to always have in my life, but not something I plan to intently document right now.


I absolutely love putting together this scrapbook, journal, cookbook, mixed bag that is this blog. Thank you so much for reading and supporting this little evolving space! I hope that Prana Mama will continue to grow and bring you as much joy as it does me!

Namaste!

Tara

8 comments:

Holly said...

Yay! I'm excited. It looks great. I'm really glad you are back to the keyboard.

Annie said...

Love the new look! Great work!! :)

Mama Smith said...

It looks great!Looking forward to hearing more of your adventures in mamahood as well as yoga :)

Positively Amy said...

Love the new look!

NOELLE ALOUD said...

Loving the new name! I'm a big fan of changing things up as needed.

Danielle said...

Loving the new look and name!

Positively Amy said...

P.S. I realized I was only following you on bloglovin and not on here as well, so now I am :)

Tara said...

Thanks, guys!