Monday, February 14, 2011

As One Door Closes...

This past week I received the disappointing news that I will not be able to return to my prior employment, even in a less physically and emotionally demanding capacity. As stated before, this hibernation has been very good for me, but everyone's gotta pay rent so I had been hoping to pick up something light up during the last several months of my pregnancy.

I'll admit when my initial plans didn't pan out I was super bummed. Being in no position to begin a new full time job, I felt my options were probably pretty limited. This economy has been kind to no one so I didn't expect a line of employers thrilled to hire a visibly pregnant woman looking for something very part time and flexible.


I am so happy to admit that I was wrong. I mean there was no line of giddy employers, but I have been able to find a few, small gigs that together comprise a calm and legitimate way to make that money. Huzzah! Once I opened myself up to all possibilities and put myself out there the response was overwhelmingly supportive.

I am not doing work that I had initially expected and I am definitely not doing work that utilizes my studies, but I am doing work that is exactly what I need. With so many people struggling to find work I am so appreciative of a network of helpful individuals and acknowledge the priviledge that has made this possible.

That just goes to remind me never close yourself off from the many possibilities that exist all around you. It is so easy to forget that you can only find what you are searching for when you make yourself vulnerable and available.

"Sometimes we stare so long at a door that is closing that we see too late the one that is open" 
- Alexander Graham Bell

 An old stage photo of me, but hey, it shows my giddiness

I am so incredibly fortunate. I do not say this to gloat, but to remind myself of this fact. My 2011 intention this year is one of gratitude and I am so grateful to everyone that has and is currently aiding me in my journey.

Namaste.
Tara


Shameless self promotion: As most of you know during the winter I have stopped teaching a group yoga class. I have missed teaching so very much. It is incredibly rewarding and I look forward to establishing another class. Until that time I am offering private classes. If you are interested please contact me at trd3358@yahoo.com for more information.

No comments: