Monday, February 14, 2011

Not Just For Lovers, But For All Of Those Who Love

"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'"
- Kurt Vonnegut


In our family we like to keep Valentine's Day pretty low key. In years past we have celebrated with gifts, slumber party/movie nights, and a couple wine soaked evenings on the town. With Kellen's schedule a night together is not a possibility this year, so I will be attending a production of The Vagina Monologues at a local university. Having seen the show several times and been involved in a few productions, I'm thrilled to celebrate and support V-Day and a few close friends involved with this year's show. What a great way to spend a Valentine's Day!

Although I would love to spend tonight with my man, I'm looking forward to my evening out. I am incredibly blessed with a kind and abundantly loving husband. Everyday is a new adventure in which I am encouraged and loved and what more could anyone ask for? Gratitude. Gratitude. Gratitude.

This Valentine's Day can be whatever you'd like it to be. Let it be a celebration of romantic love, friendship, familial relationships, self love, the love of a pet, the love of an environment, the love of living, etc... Valentine's Day is not just for lovers, but for all of those who love.

Whatever your relationship status, remember to share love with yourself and those around you today and everyday. And now some fun and entertaining V-day posts....
Gala Darling- A Valentine's Day Blessing
Yoga Journal- The Bhakti of Valentine's Day
Feministing- A Few Thought On The Nature Of Feminist Lovin'
Everything Yoga: Celebrating Valentine's Day Yogi Style


First wedding anniversary, 2008

In true Valentine's Day fashion I thought I would post Kellen's and my song. A song has never been officially declared, but this tune is close to both of our hearts as it was on constant repeat the first several weeks of our courtship. Whenever I hear it I am taken back to that amazing whirlwind that was the beginning of it all.

The live version. 

"If I die clutching your photograph 
Don't call me boring
It's just cause I like you"
- The Start of Something by Voxtrot

Happy Valentines Day!
Namaste!
Tara

No comments: