Monday, July 25, 2011

With Love

This morning as the sun streamed in through our windows and danced on my baby's face I felt the excitement of a routine forming and the comfort of settling into our new life.

Following our sunrise cuddle session we took a long walk through our neighborhood just after the sun rose, before the heat became so oppressive we could only gaze out the windows and wait for it to pass, before the rest of the city came to life. We greeted the day and felt the breeze on our faces. As I told him about our plans for the day he drifted off to sleep in my arms and I felt my heart explode with unparalleled love for this amazing little person. I thought about how quickly "the baby-ness" fades. At only three weeks old I can see so much changing, evolving. He is so rapidly becoming more than just a ball of tears and needs. He is becoming my boy.


We are getting into a groove and I am no longer afraid of his cries or second guess every move I make. Each day I am figuring out more and more of how to meet Ezra's needs, how to bring comfort in the dark of night, how to be his mother.

Tonight we watch Good Will Hunting and I am dancing around our living room, baby slung around me, singing him Elliot Smith and feeling like this is how it's always been. Soon we will take our nightly walk and I will tell him all about our day and my heart will once again explode with love.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Yay! I'm glad to hear that you are workin' out a groove. It becomes natural so fast and it feels so good. I'm so happy for you and Kellen!