Friday, February 24, 2012

My Girls

Recently I was able to get together with several of my closest lady buddies. As many of my best gals now reside all across the country our proximity and baby schedules have made time together few and far between.

Unfortunately I am also comically ungifted in the art of phone conversation so being able to see some of my favorite people face to face, hug, laugh, and share stories made our time together that much more special. I have a heart full of abounding love and respect for these women and it was lovely to be able to share the same space with them for a short while.


We have shared the majority of our adult lives together. We've been privy to one another's strides and follies. We have changed careers and partners (and hairstyles), added husbands and children, traveled and spread out across the country. We have watch each other evolve into new women. All night political conversations and drunken arguments over music and men have transformed into playdates and lunches, planned weeks in advance.


After many months and miles apart we didn't miss a beat. Within minutes we were all giggling like school girls, so happy to be in each other's company. Although the conversations are now dominated by stories of our children, husbands, and careers, the ever-strong sister love is still the same. Did I just hippy out on you? To be fair, it's totally true.

(You ladies are my heroes. Your love and support has meant the world to me and I promise to get better at "the phone". I am a lucky gal to share my life with such beautiful people. I promise to actually share it more. Thank you for being so amazing. Seriously.)

Namaste!

Tara

1 comment:

Mama Smith said...

So wonderful that you have a group of such great girlfriends. There's nothing quite like catching up in person and it's easy to let that slip with all the other forms of communication out there- I am guilty of that. Looks like lots of fun!