Thursday, August 4, 2011

Hello There, Old Friend!

I know lately Joyful Yoga has been a little skimpy on the yoga lately, but that would be because my life has been lacking in that department as of late. At the end of my pregnancy I tried to maintain a semi-regular yoga routine, which mostly consisted of a few restorative postures and some breathing meditations a couple of times a week (if I was lucky). Honestly most of the time I wasn't in the mood and neither was my body. I always felt better after my abbreviated sessions, especially in my third trimester, and I know that is because I didn't push it. I listened to my body and was greatly rewarded.

Now that Ezra has joined us and I have begun to get more comfortable with this mommy business I am looking forward to getting back into a regular practice. I miss my peaceful mornings, stretching and moving with the breaking day, allowing the quiet in and simply breathing through each moment as it comes. Ah- I miss yoga!


Although I am not sure if I will have a consistent practice back for awhile (newborns mockingly laugh at any kind of schedule), I am so ready to reintroduce my mind and my body to the practice. As I heal from my c-section I know that gentle movements and calming pranayama will aid in my recovery process. And what better for a new mama (still processing the birth and everything that followed) than some guided meditation?

My husband has pretty much become my all time hero throughout this last month (well year really) and as a part of that title watches Ezra every morning so I can take as much time as I need to catch up on my sleep, shower, eat, or just relax on the couch with a good book. With my mornings open and as the little one begins to sleep more hopefully I will be able to use some of that precious time for yoga and meditation.

Maybe I will begin tomorrow - nothing to strenuous, just some simple postures and breathing. How exciting to return to something that has always brought me so much joy!

Namaste!
Tara

No comments: